The Chief Residential Building Engineer provides multi-family maintenance services and support for building operations of a luxury vintage apartment community by performing routine facilities and maintenance tasks with minimal supervision.
Works independently and also assists other team members to successfully complete routine maintenance, construction projects, and other tasks as needed.
The Chief Building Engineer is responsible for understanding the needs of the property and working with the Property Manager to ensure the community is efficiently and effectively functioning at optimal conditions within established operational requirements.
The Chief Residential Maintenance Engineer is expected to perform scheduled preventative maintenance, inspections of key equipment, and accurately record and report daily work duties in a clear, concise, and timely manner.
All employees are required to consider safety first in all aspects of performing their job, including considering the safety of our tenants.
Must be on call as needed and work different shifts, weekends, and Holidays as needed.
Required Functional Knowledge/Skills
- Communication with residents and Property Management team
- Supervise vendors and contractors on–site
- Supervise and conduct unit turnovers and provide support as needed
- Work directly with the Property Manager to forecast annual maintenance related operating and Capital Expenditure budget items
- Place supply orders and manage inventory
- General electrical maintenance, troubleshooting and safety
- General plumbing troubleshooting and repair
- General maintenance of HVAC, filters, pumps and fans
- General appliance troubleshooting and repair
- General illumination, lighting and ballast troubleshooting and repair
- General interior and exterior painting and carpentry work
- General record keeping or periodic maintenance, code compliance and life safety testing
- Read and interpret facility blueprints, drawings, schematics, and wiring diagrams as needed
- Basic computer skills, including Yardi, Microsoft Office and internet
- Understanding of local, state, federal, and environmental codes and regulations
- Must have reliable transportation in order to meet daily work requirements
- Excellent customer service skills and a professional communication manner
- Must be reliable, punctual, and always must maintain a professional appearance
- Participate in training and support aimed at expanding department staff capabilities
- Exhibit proficient communication skills (Speaking, listening, and writing)
- Flexible and collaborative work style, able to build strong relationships with team members and coworkers, share knowledge and be willing to learn from others
- Must have common sense in matters of safety and be able to understand instruction furnished in writing, verbally or in diagram form
- Provide friendly and professional tenant services support
- Able to maintain and promote safety practices in all aspects of the position
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5-8 years facilities experience preferred
- OSHA 10 and EPA Certifications preferred, but not required Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Building maintenance environment, indoor/outdoor, consisting of exposure to moving mechanical parts and seasonal temperature changes ranging from freezing to extreme heat
- May be exposed to high places, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and loud noises
- Vision requirements include both close range and long distance vision
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders and crawl into confined spaces
- Must be able to endure walking, squatting, bending, balancing, climbing, kneeling, crawling and prolonged standing
- Must be able to use hands to grip power and hand tools Other Information • Full time position, varying schedule
- Must participate in rotating on–call schedule outside building operation hours
- Occasional overtime may be required
- High school or equivalent
- Building Maintenance: 5 years
- Building Engineer: 5 years
- facilities: 5 years
- HVAC: 1 year
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Address 3000 N Sheridan
- Salary Offer Based on Experience
- Seniority Level Manager
- Company Wirtz Realty