The successful candidate for this position should be willing to work a flexible schedule and at different properties.
Plumbing: includes the repair, removal, replacement, or installation of faucets, pipes, hot water tanks, toilets, garbage disposals, dishwashers, water-dispensing refrigerators, and washing machines.
Electrical: includes the repair, replacement or installation of power switches, fuses, wall sockets, ceiling lights, ceiling fans, climate control systems, and garage doors openers.
Drywall repair: includes filling in small holes caused by nails and minor dings from normal wear and tear, most commonly performed between the time a tenant vacates a unit and a new renter assumes occupancy.
Painting: includes minor touch-ups following damage repair and new coats of paint applied to unit walls between the time a tenant vacates a unit and a new renter assumes occupancy, as well as, in the common areas.
Appliance repair: includes the repair, replacement or installation of major household appliances, such as refrigerators, dishwashers, range ovens, washers and dryers, hot water tanks, and air conditioners.
Grounds keeping: includes mowing grass, pulling weeds, trimming and pruning trees and shrubs, watering lawns and plants, replacing light bulbs along pathways and parking areas, sweeping or raking leaves, and tidying up bark or other ground covering.
Cleaning/housekeeping: includes maintaining a tidy appearance in shared community locations, such as the leasing office lobby, clubhouses, fitness or recreational areas, common hallways, also can include deep cleaning of vacant units on the turn, including the bathroom, kitchen, appliances, and fixtures.
Snow removal: includes shoveling, snow blowing or snow plowing from walkways, stairs and driveways, as well as, spreading ice melt to all surfaces to prevent.
Customer service: includes professional, prompt and courteous correspondence with residents on a regular basis. Including, when scheduling and providing maintenance services, delivering or distributing packages; and in any type of interaction. As well as, with contracted vendors that provide additional services.
Time management: includes maintaining an organized scheduling and tracking system, usually on a computer, to effectively complete all maintenance requests in a timely manner and in the order by which they were received or by level of urgency.
Organization: Assists in the maintenance and organization of the maintenance office, storage shops, utility rooms and closets. As well as recording details about work completed in units in the property software and log books.
- Performing routine inspection walks/rounds of buildings and grounds at regular intervals when on shift; verifying doors, windows, and locks are securely fastened.
- Assist in maintaining service elevator schedule for resident moves.
- Observes appearances and conditions of premises and equipment; reports needed repairs, safety hazards, or conditions requiring outside vendor services.
- Be a good steward of the community with the best interests of customer service and maintenance in mind.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: verbal, listening and written
- Strong organizational skills, both electronically and paper
- Exhibit initiative and be proactive when necessary
- Display discreetness, awareness and confidentiality of work
- Team player, ability to take direction and work on a team
- Ability to complete work assignments in a timely manner, utilize appropriate chemicals and supplies, maintain set quality standards when performing job duties, observes safety precautions at all times, applies a common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but occasionally written or oral instructions.
- A minimum two years’ experience in residential building maintenance
- Working knowledge of MS Office and computer skills (YARDI)
- Ability to work a computer for basic tasks such as operating camera system, controlled access software and property maintenance software
- Have working knowledge of IPhone
Physical Demands of Job:
- Walks, stands, stoops, bends most of day.
- May lift in excess of 50 pounds
- May carry in excess of 50 pounds.
- Other physical demands include, reaching above, at and below shoulder height, pushing/pulling, grasping, handling, twisting, bending, crawling, squatting, kneeling, crouching and climbing.
- Salary Offer Based on Experience
- Seniority Level Junior
- Company Banner Collective